- Federal Income Tax Credit may be applied for up to $7,500 for new plug-in electric vehicles.
- Electric Vehicle Registration Fee Reduction is offered to electric vehicle owners.
- Maryland Excise Tax Credit for up to $3,000 may be applied for new and leased plug-in electric vehicles.
- Maryland’s Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Grants Provides grants to develop public access alternative fueling and charging infrastructure to Maryland-based private businesses. Projects must take place in the state. Grant awards will range from $35,000 to $500,000 and applicant cost share must be at least 50%. This grant program becomes available after September 1, 2017. Until active, this link provides access to the Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Program where application material can be found.
- Maryland’s Freedom Fleet Voucher Program
- Provides vouchers for the purchase of new and converted alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) registered in Maryland. Eligible vehicles include purchased or leased light-, medium-, and heavy-duty natural gas, propane, hybrid electric, plug-in electric, and hydraulic hybrid vehicles. Voucher amounts are provided for 50% of the incremental vehicle cost up to maximum caps based on gross vehicle weight (GVW) and vehicle technology. Accepting applications until May 4, 2018.
- HOV permit
- Drivers of plug-in electric vehicles or hybrid vehicles registered in Maryland are allowed to use HOV lanes in Maryland regardless of the number of passengers, providing they obtain and display an HOV or HOV Hybrid permit on the vehicle.
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Rebate Program 2.0
- Through the program, residents, governments, and businesses can acquire a state rebate to reduce the cost of purchasing and installing an electric vehicle charging station.
- Pepco offers a charging rate incentive to residential customers in Maryland with plug-in electric vehicles, encouraging them to take advantage of off-peak charging. They are also offering a $10,000 rebate on a new 2017 Nissan LEAF to customers, valid through September 30, 2017.
- BGE offers information and special monthly rates for their customers who are owners of plug-in electric vehicles. They are also offering a $10,000 rebate on a new 2017 Nissan LEAF to customers, valid through September 30, 2017.
- Constellation offers discounts on the Nissan LEAF, Chevy Volt, Chevy Bolt, and BMW i3 to customers. The first three are available through September 30, 2017, and the BMW i3 rebate is available through October 7, 2017.
- 1 Page Summary of State and Federal Incentives, with links to application forms.
- AFDC Maryland Laws and Incentives Database
- Aggregates incentives, law, and regulations related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles in Maryland
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Regulation Exemption
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) Information Disclosure
- Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) State Fleet Goal
- Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Infrastructure Promotion
- Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Deployment Support