- Federal Income Tax Credit may be applied for up to $7,500 for new plug-in electric vehicles.
- Federal Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Tax Credit.
- Fueling equipment for natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas (propane), liquefied hydrogen, electricity, E85, or diesel fuel blends containing a minimum of 20% biodiesel installed between January 1, 2015, and December 31, 2016, is eligible for a tax credit of 30% of the cost, not to exceed $30,000.
- Federal tax credit for qualified two-wheeled plug-in electric vehicles.
- The credit is for 10% of the cost of the qualified vehicle, up to $2,500, and applies to vehicles acquired between January 1, 2015, and December 31, 2016.
- 1 Page Summary of State and Federal Incentives, with links to application forms.
- Plug-in electric vehicles offer lower operating costs and cleaner air for all Marylanders. Read for incentives available to Maryland citizens and businesses that purchase or lease these vehicles.
- Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Tax Credit
- Maryland Excise Tax Credit for up to $3,000 may be applied for new and leased plug-in electric vehicles.
- Maryland’s Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Grants.
- Only Maryland-based private businesses are eligible, and projects must take place in the state. Grant awards will range from $35,000 to $500,000 and applicant cost share must be at least 50%. Applications will be accepted on a competitive basis through February 10, 2017.
- Maryland’s Alternative Fuel Vehicle Voucher Program.
- Vouchers for the purchase of new and converted AFVs registered in Maryland. Eligible vehicles include purchased or leased light-, medium-, and heavy-duty dedicated natural gas, propane, hybrid electric, plug-in electric, and hydraulic hybrid vehicles. Voucher amounts are based on gross vehicle weight rating and are capped at 50% of the vehicle’s incremental cost; the cap does not apply to plug-in electric vehicles. Accepting applications until May 5, 2017.
- HOV permit for drivers of plug-in electric vehicles registered in Maryland may allow them to use HOV lanes, providing they obtain and display an HOV permit on the vehicle.
- Pepco Plug-in Vehicle Charging Pilot is a program offered to residential customers of PEPCO with plug-in electric vehicles.
- Encouraging customers in Maryland who own plug-in vehicles to take advantage of off-peak charging. Save money, lighten the grid load, breathe easier, make an impact.
- BGE offers information and special monthly rates for their customers who are owners of plug-in electric vehicles.
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Rebates are available to reduce the cost of purchasing and installing an electric vehicle charging station.
Maryland Laws and Regulations
- AFDC Laws and Incentives database for Maryland
- Updated frequently throughout the year to add new or update existing information.
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Regulation Exemption
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) Information Disclosure
- Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) State Fleet Goal
- Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Infrastructure Promotion
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) Charging Incentive Development
- Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Deployment Support